A, B & C Court/Leagues: 3 games will be played with RALLY SCORING to 25 points (win by 2) with a cap at 28 points. Let Serves will be LEGAL/ALLOWED. This means that on a serve, if the ball HITS the net and goes over on the other side, it is a PLAYABLE ball.
The schedule consists of 8-10 weeks of play depending on how many teams in the league.
If a team drops out of league play anytime during the session, for any reason, teams scheduled to play that team will be awarded a bye and automatic 3 wins for the match, UNLESS the schedule can be reworked properly AND fairly to allow more playing time for every team.
There will be playoffs starting the 13th Week of League play with 5th place – 10th place playing (5th vs 6th, 7th, vs 8thand 9th vs 10th). Then on the 14th Week of League play, there will be a mini-tournament for 1st-4th place teams. This means that 1st place will play 4th place first, then 2nd place will play 3rd place, and then the winners of both these matches will play each other for the championship. The winner of this championship match will receive the 1st place bar tab and the other team will receive the 2nd place bar tab.
Of course, all wins/losses count towards your team standings and will determine where you finish at the end of league play for the session. Your place for playoffs is determined by the number of wins you have in comparison with the other teams on your court. Any ties will be determined on the head to head match up from that session with the other team you are tied with.
One game is forfeited after 10 minutes, 2 games after 15 minutes and 3 games (match) after 25 minutes.
Any full forfeiture will result in a 3-game victory for the team on site.
You MUST notify the staff at MUSA HQ as early as possible so we can alert the other team and referee.
Games start at times posted for each night. Please note that start times may vary on different weeknights due to the number of teams that play that particular night of the week.
Each team is allowed ONE time out per GAME but each time out is counted against match time.
Teams must consist of at least two players, one female and one male. A team MAY play ONE more male than female during regular season play. However, in playoffs, you MUST ask permission of the other team (they do have the ability to say NO). The female rule still applies, and player lineup WILL alternate male and female.
Every regular team player & substitute must sign a player release liability.
This also acts as your team roster. Any opposing team can question your roster at ANY time!
Rotation occurs when a team wins the serve. Rotation is to the middle back position.
Unsportsmanlike/Disorderly conduct will NOT be tolerated at ANY time! It will be left to the discretion of the ref on how to discipline this type of behavior. The referees are taking time out of their busy lives to ref, so please be respectful and ONLY the captain should approach the ref. warnings will be given first. Continuation of this type of behavior could result in loss of points, game and even a match.
If this behavior continues to get worse and doesn’t subside throughout the session, a team could be kicked out of the league, and NO refunds would be offered!
• All lines are in and net boundaries are pole-to-pole.
• Ball service may be made from any location behind the back line.
• The serving team MUST wait for the referee’s whistle prior to the serve. One warning will be given PER MATCH and any subsequent violations will result in loss of service. Each player in allowed one bad toss PER MATCH, they will also be given a warning and any other subsequent violations will result in loss of service. It is the captains’ responsibility to make sure his substitute players know this rule.
• Setting the serve is LEGAL.
• Attacking and blocking the serve is ILLEGAL.
• Double hit is illegal; unless played on a hard driven ball.
• Back row players may switch up to block at the net, but may NOT attack in front of the ten foot line.
• You cannot switch a back line male to block if two males already occupy the front row.
• You can NOT touch the net with ANY part of your body during and attack, set or block of the ball. Only incidental contact with the net away from the ball is acceptable.
• A block does NOT count as a hit.
• Each team may contact the ball three times per volley.
• If more than one hit per side, a female MUST make one hit prior to returning the ball. This is known as the “female rule”.
• Players may go under the net as long as they do NOT interfere with play of the ball by the oppos ing team or making contact with an opposing player.
• Players are allowed ONE step onto an adjacent court while trying to return a ball, as long as it does NOT interfere with play on the other court. If play is interfered with on adjacent court, then the point will be awarded to the other team. If a Re-Do is felt to be necessary, it is left to the dis cretion of your referee!
• Ball is playable off any part of the body AND players are ALLOWED to use their foot, but not al lowed to snap their leg (No soccer moves.)
• If questions arise during a match with any aspect of the match, ONLY captains should approach & discuss the matter with the referee.
• The referee’s decision is ALWAYS FINAL!