- Full court, 5 on 5, 2 x 20 minute halves
- Continuous Clock except for last min. of first half and last 2 min. of 2nd half
- Roster = 8 player minimum, 12 player maximum
- Rosters will be locked after week 4 of the season and no other additions can be made to your roster after this time.
- Season will be 8 weeks long with the last week being a “Playoff Week”. Details on the playoff will be determined by how many teams in the division.
- When there are 2 teams tied in the standings, the tie-breaker will be head-to-head, then total points against. If more than 2 teams are tied, the first tie breaker will be Total Points Against, then Total Points For.
- MUSA will refer to WIAA rules unless otherwise noted below.
- There will be 2 referees that will call each game.
- There will also be 2 statisticians keeping stats at each game.
- There will be an electronic scoreboard and clock that will be operated by the statisticians.
- Standings, Individual Stats, and Team Stats will be supported on the MUSA website for certain leagues.
- Individual stats will include: FGs, FG attempts, FG%, FT, FT%, PPG, 3pt FGs, Rebounds, RPG, Fouls
- We also do Assists, Steals, and Turnovers but I can’t guarantee the level of accuracy on those.
- Team Stats will be similar except they will be cumulative
- Technical Fouls will count as 1 Personal Foul and the other team will automatically be rewarded 2 pts – to save time we won’t shoot the FTs.
- 2 Technical Fouls against 1 player will result in their ejection from the game.
- A player who accumulates 2 technical fouls throughout the course of the season will be suspended for one (1) game. If that player receives any additional technical fouls after coming back from suspension the League Administrators will decide the next course of action.
- Substitutions are allowed at dead ball opportunities.
- Teams will be allowed to play with no less than 3 players. A team that has 2 players or less at game time will forfeit. Each team has a 10 minute grace period. Any team that causes a forfeit will be penalized $50 which will be paid to the team that did not get to play their game because of the forfeit.
- The clock will be stopped for an injury Timeout only if the situation allows it.
- Each team will have one (1) 20 second timeout per half. The clock will stop during the timeout. Some leagues may grant 2 timeouts per half.
- Halftime will be 3-4 minutes.
- There will be no Full court or ¾ Court pressing if leading by 20+ pts. The first offense will be a warning and the second offense will result in a technical foul.
- There will be NO DUNKING in any of our leagues as a courtesy to the facilities that we use.
- FGs = 2 pts unless outside of the 3pt arc, then the FG is 3pts
- 2 FTs awarded if fouled in the act of shooting (or 3 FTs if fouled behind the 3 pt arc in the act of shooting)
- Bonus FT at 7 team fouls, 2 FTs at 10 team fouls (per half)
- Possession arrow for jump ball situations.
- A player fouls out at 5 fouls.
- A non-shooting foul results in the team taking it out on side court or underneath depending on where the foul occurred.